JLD TV

Loading...

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Dame Un Beso...

How can you tell if your first kiss with a new love is to be the last first kiss? I have a tendency to build mountains out of moments. I recognize the trend and embrace the disappointment that follows. My name is Blanche DuBois and I'm a serial monogamist.

I observe my friends as they pump the gas full throttle from first kiss to first kiss with the ease of a Honda coil spring and yet, I find myself suffering from a faulty engine. Am I in need of roadside assistance or am I extremely selective? Do I subconsciously reserve my first kisses for suitors I believe may indeed be the last first kiss?

Another question I pose tonight, upon consumption of my third glass of organic cabernet sauvignon, is do I subconsciously abort my relationships for fear the kisses that follow suit will never match the intensity and passion possessed by the first? Or perhaps I abort mission subconsciously knowing what I'm seeking won't be delivered.

When I was a little girl I imagined my last first kiss would be with a man who can make the first kiss of every day feel like the last of a lifetime. I hear you, I hear you, mountainous terrain ahead, lol. But I ask you...is that really too much to ask?

How am I to stop myself from raising the pedestal from moment to mountain? And is the White Knight I'd dreamt up as a child in fact, not white, but black and called Knight Rider?

"Keep your scanners peeled..."

No comments: