JLD TV

Loading...

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The Knowing...




Today I decided to pull out my vision board and make some additions. For those of you who do not have a vision board, I suggest you create one immediately. Not only is it a fun project, but each time you view your creation you'll be filled with positive energy and encouragement.

Have you ever stopped a moment to review your immediate circumstances and realized you are exactly where you're supposed to be? When I look at my vision board I get the same confirmation. I have various images and texts ranging from women in power, the best of NYC, hottest interviews, coast to coast locales, etc.

Looking back on my five year journey through television, I can see people truly have come into my life for a reason, a season or a lifetime. Usually a fledgling reporter will begin his/her journey through the world of fluff. Sugar-coated, cavity-inducing news that most respectable journalists consider embarrassing, however, necessary to earn your stripes. The paychecks are laughable, if existent.

I, as usual, went against what is mainstream and commonplace. Maybe it's the Aquarius in me, but I find little to learn from roads well traveled. This just in: The "Waterbearer" is indeed a salmon swimming upstream. Rather than beginning my career "in the fluff", I got my start in politics. Talk about a fish out of water...New Jersey politics, to boot!

The 15th interview of my career took place in a small bookstore in Union, NJ. I had the honor of an exclusive interview with Governor McGreevey during his most scandalous of hours. Despite the rioters outside, we discussed his book and he answered my questions with patience and kind eyes. I should have been head over stilettos about the fact that this was the first time I'd interviewed a Governor, however, the notion was overshadowed by the news that I'd managed to finagle my interview right after Oprah and before Lynn Doyle!

Today, I look at what I've accomplished and I'm proud to say I'm not just a talking head. As a Director of Operations in Westfield I not only get the chance to mold the look and content of an entire station, I also get the chance to test my guts and intuition on the regular. I can confirm, without hesitation, what I am learning each day will bring me that much closer to my ultimate goal: World Domination...

LOL - no just kidding! But, no doubt, I do intend on monopolizing some air time on Fox5. It's my favorite network and my ultimate goal. One morning you will wake up and I will be hosting Good Day New York. Probably my favorite morning news broadcast of all time. I like the morning news because it's got a breeziness the evening news doesn't. It's perfect for me....I'm consumed...

7 comments:

Fram said...

I really enjoyed that. Your exuberance is contagious. I think you must have arrived on earth running toward the top of a mountain, and will not stop until you arrive there.

Jamie Lynn Drohan said...

Hi Fram!

What a lovely comment! I appreciate that, I really do! You made my day =)

NoNotSmith said...

I'm so glad you were kidding about world domination. That's my gig.

Jamie Lynn Drohan said...

LOL - made me smile! Great way to start the day!

A Cuban In London said...

That was a fun clip and a fun column. Many thanks.

Greetings from London.

Jamie Lynn Drohan said...

Thank you, my friend! I'm so happy you not only read it, but liked it too! =)

The Stiletto Mom said...

Good for you. I aspired to be a TV journalist but decided against it. Big, big mistake! Looks like you are doing an amazing job. Keep it up and thank you so much for coming by my blog! I am off to read more of yours...